Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Growing Up Well

Recently, while I was Facebook chatting with a guy I graduated highschool with, he told me that I had really grown up well. My first thought was, how exactly does one grow up "well"? So I asked him what he meant.

"Well, you were a bit awkward back then."

This hit the nail on the head. I was a pretty sheltered girl, didn't really know how to socialize, and wasn't that great at putting together outfits. On top of that, I had braces throughout all of highschool, as well as bad skin. To put it bluntly, I was a dork. Not the pretty Rachael Leigh Cook if-I-just-take-off-my-glasses-I'm-gorgeous dork, but a real dork.

I'm not sure what specifically has changed to make me the way I am, and I wasn't paying attention to the steps along the way. All I know is that when I look in the mirror, I more often like what I see than not. This is the complete opposite to how it used to be. My acne has cleared up, my teeth are straight, I have learned how to live with my curly hair and straighten it when I can't. I can apply make-up properly and can clothe myself in a flattering manner.

All in all, I suppose my friend was right; I have grown up well. What about you, random readers? How have things changed for you since your highschool days?

No comments:

Post a Comment