Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Sunday at Starbucks

Well, the silence is broken. I do apologize, once again, to my readers who were hungrily awaiting the next installment from their favorite Seattleite.

Unfortunately, my roommate and I do not currently have internet at our new place, so blog updates may be sporadic for a while. Please do your best not to weep, as I am sure it will be less than becoming to have mascara streaming down your cheeks.

Yours truly is currently sick with a cold, which is most inconvenient as my trip to Vegas is coming up. I need to be healthy and beautiful for this trip, and at the moment I have frizzy hair and my nose rivals Rudolph's. Sigh. It will be all right. I have a little bit longer to make myself well, and I have a jar of matzo ball soup in the fridge to aid my plight.

Yes, as mentioned, we are moved into the new place. It is a condo townhome, and I absolutely love it! So much soft carpeting that my feet are in absolute paradise, and it feels like a real grown-up living situation. My room, however, still feels like that of a 9-year-old girl. I have my twin size Ikea bed in the corner, two clashing dressers (one white plastic Ikea dresser, and one beige wooden one), a stack of Rubbermaid containers for little items, and quite a few garbage bags littering my floor full of books and random articles whose place I still cannot find. What I need is an interior designer and endless money. I have neither, so my room may stay this way for a while.

All in all, life is good and I have just finished a delicious raspberry hot chocolate. Once I leave, I plan to spend the rest of the day in bed watching movies I have already seen half a dozen times and trying to force my body into recovery.

Wish me luck!

~K

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick right now; I hope that you get well soon! On the bright side...your new place sounds phenom - I'm so excited for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete