It's amazing how even just little things can pull me out of a funk. Today I was bored. So after lunch, I decided to go to Bellevue Square to run some errands and get out of the apartment. I had just gotten out of Victoria's Secret with my free panty (love those coupons!) and was oblivious to my surroundings as I was trying to text with a dying phone. Out of my peripheral vision I noticed that some guy was walking directly into my path, so I scooted to the side, eyes still glued to my phone. He then bumped into me, saying "EXCUSE ME!" This, of course, is incredibly rude, so I looked up, stunned. Ta day! It was my friend Kirk, who had managed to peel his eyes away from his phone to see me coming his way. So he escorted me on an errand in the mall, then we got white chocolate blueberry mochas at Tully's. I have to say, encounters like this are such a nice twist in what would have been an otherwise mundane day.
Something else that brightened my day today? That free panty, definitely. lol
Other things that have brightened days past:
- Baristas at Cafe Ladro and Starbucks who have figured out my "usual"
- Random texts and cards from my best friend telling me how much she appreciates our friendship
- Buying my plane ticket, Shuttle Express ride, and placing the Sheraton reservation so that I can be the maid-of-honor in my best friend's wedding in Hawaii
- Christina confirming that she will be in Washington for Christmas
- Making Halloween plans with Stacy
It's amazing how many things, big or small, can change your entire attitude for the day.