Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Budgeting: Hump day

As of Monday I am on a $45/week budget. My recent forays into budgeting didn't really work out because I limited myself too much. $45 is completely doable, right?

Um...

So it's Wednesday. I've been on this budget since Monday. As of today, I have spent $37.44. I went through my receipts, and I have been good and mostly sticking to what I need. That "mostly" is what gets me, though. $2 for Costco frozen yogurt was a splurge today. $2.18 for McDonald's yesterday was not really necessary. Did I need that frozen pizza? No, but at $3.99 it's pretty good for Frescheta. Sigh. We'll see how this plays out.

Broke in the 'burbs,

~K

2 comments:

  1. Dang. $45/week is HARD! But you can do it. I think those little food purchases that seem harmless are actually the most damaging to anyone's budget. I'm really surprised at the number of people at my work who go out for lunch ALL the time. Add multiple Starbucks outings, trips to Target, and the occasional frivolous purchase, and that'll eat up your budget real quick. Reading your blog made me finally decide to sign up with Mint, because I've heard nothing but good things about it. We'll see how this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mint.com is great plus they have smart phone apps too. Good luck on $45/wk! That's crazy hard. I guess in NYC money that translates to $100 a week. Do-able, but tough.

    ReplyDelete