As my friend Meng's wedding approaches, I find myself (as the maid-of-honor) visiting Spokane every so often to go to fittings, address invitations, and just find excuses to get together. Unfortunately, Spokane seems to be a bit limited in attractions. So, while I suppose it is not exhaustive, here is my list of things one can do in the city of Spokane, Washington.
1. For a walk on the wild side, you can visit Cat Tales Zoological Park to see some beautiful big cats.
2. When the sun is shining, make sure to take a trip over to Riverfront Park. In the warmer months they have amusement rides set up, and in the winter they take those out and open up the ice rink. The park is also the location of Spokane's IMAX theater. How many parks can boast that? Besides that, it's beautiful and is a perfect setting for a photo shoot (in summer at least).
3. Dancing the night away is in fact an option, even in Spokane! Meng and I went to the Marquee Lounge, which was actually really dead when we first arrived. It picked up after about an hour, but I would suggest looking into other locations. The DJ was terrible, and he didn't have any idea who Kat DeLuna is. Ugh.
4. There seem to be an abundance of wineries in the area, which surprised me. I don't really think of Spokane as the Northwest Napa.
5. If you're interested in learning more about the area and its history, you would probably enjoy a visit to the Spokane Valley Heritage Museum.
6. I personally love white-water rafting. No matter that I've actually only done it two or three times in my life. Flow Adventures offers rafting and kayaking excursions.
7. I can't find a working link for it, but definitely visit the happy hour at Uno. It's located at 515 W Sprague Ave, Spokane, WA 99201 and has an amazingly inexpensive but totally delicious happy hour. Even if you don't drink, go out for the cheap food!
8. If you're tired of Vin Diesel, you can watch some real fast cars at the Spokane Raceway Park. My dad used to race. Now he just speeds and gets tickets. lol
9. No matter the hour, it seems that there are always tons of cars at the Northern Quest Casino. I don't get it, but maybe that's because I don't gamble.
I know most lists go to ten, but Spokane is kinda limited. Just be creative and have a good attitude.