Saturday, October 24, 2009

Joy in the Little Things

Today is my 24th birthday. Yes, as my mom pointed out it's my "perfect" birthday - turning 24 on the 24th. And while it's been slow and I'm really not doing much to celebrate, various things today have made me a very happy birthday girl:

1. Waking up around 3am thinking that I needed to get up for work, then realizing the time and day and going back to sleep. Okay, this isn't that great, but finding out that the reason I'd awoken was due to a text message my friend Kirk had left wishing me a happy birthday made it a little better.

2. Walking out of my room to go wash up to find that Stacy (my roomie) had left a birthday gift sitting in the doorway of the bathroom for me. I'm glad her cat didn't start playing with it.

3. Getting the annual happy birthday song phone call from my family.

4. Sitting on my couch playing around online in a warm, cozy room courtesy of the space heater that my parents bought for my birthday.

5. Getting a free birthday scoop of Baskin Robbins ice cream. Yummy pumpkin pie flavor!

6. Finding an eyeliner in the perfect shade of deep purple for only $5 at Sephora.

7. Receiving a free 3-pack of lip glosses for my birthday at Sephora.

8. Buying myself two cute birthday panties...for only $1.99 each at Ross.

9. Eating leftover Chicken Tikka Masala from last night's outing with my mom for lunch.

10. Going dancing with Stacy tonight to celebrate.

There you go. I know that everyone does different things for their birthday, but I think mine is pretty darn cool. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment