Saturday, March 6, 2010

Giving Up on Love

I have been told many a time that love find you when you aren't looking for it, and that constantly seeking it out will do nothing.

Lately, my friend Koko and I have noticed a few things. A lot of our friends are coupled up, actually married, and some have started the whole baby-making thing. There are also some who are out partying every moment they get the chance. We fall somewhere in between. It's a sick relationship version of the Twilight Zone.

After discussing the idea that love tends to find you rather than you finding it, and that we are not really wanting to hang out at the bars all the time, we decided to make a change. We realized that we want to focus more on enjoying the life that we have by experiencing new things and places, and basically getting out of the stagnant waters.



My goal right now is to focus on things I want to do, places I want to see, and things I want to try. We discussed going more often to the museums, taking part in the Belltown Art Walk, and today I even had my very first Yellow Leaf Cupcake. For the unimpressed readers, Yellow Leaf is amazing.

So there you have it; I am giving up on love. If it wants me, it knows where to find me.

G'night!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment