Monday, March 22, 2010

A Good Snip

So, as I have previously mentioned, I had been growing my hair out for Lock of Love. LoL is an organization that provides wigs for children who have lost their hair through disease and could not otherwise afford them. If you're interested in such an easy way to give to children in need, be sure to check out the Locks of Love website.

So today I was getting kind of antsy, and decided to call the salon I had been to last time I had my hair cut, Seven Salon in Bellevue. They had an appointment open, and the receptionist informed me that if I was donating my hair, the cut would be complimentary. While I was aware that some salons participated in this manner, I had no idea that such a nice (and somewhat pricy) one would.

Well, I went in with hair this long (sorry for the cropping):

My stylist Cassie had me leaving like this:
If your hair is getting to be a bit on the long side, I would definitely recommend checking out Locks of Love. It's a very passive way to do something good for a child who is losing part of their identity.

Goodnight!

~K

3 comments:

  1. Oh, your hair looks absolutely fabulous; and I adore you for donating to Locks of Love - such an amazing organization!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are you! Love the new cut and that you donated your hair. I've been growing mine out for the same reason and had reached a point where I thought I couldn't take having all of this hair anymore. You've inspired me to press on!

    ReplyDelete