Wednesday, February 16, 2011

When Troubleshooting Goes Wrong

I recently came across an email thread that one of my co-workers had been following up on in regards to an issue with one of our products. It amazes me how simple troubleshooting can be so...wrong.

Customer: The small connector (male piece) seems to have been not molded large enough to hold the case closed when produced at the factory. This is a great example of when size matters, because without a large enough male piece, this does not provide me satisfaction I so truly deserve and desire.

Co-worker: I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with the size of your male piece. I will be glad to assist you in making an exchange for a fully functioning unit.

Customer: Thanks for your understanding about my too-small non-functioning male piece. Take my word for it, this has never happened before.

Co-worker: I hope this male unit is big enough to satisfy and to be fully functional.

Sigh. I love my job!

~K

1 comment: