Friday, December 11, 2009

Making do with what I have: Little grey dress

So I've seen it done time after time in shopping and fashion mags, but I wanted to try it myself. I took one basic dress and put together three different types of outfits using accessories in my possession. It was fun, it made me feel soo creative, and it's nice seeing that I get more use out of single items that I'd thought. Here we go!

The dress:

My first idea was putting together a warmer-weather outfit. Maybe for a nice spring day. I put my hair up in a ponytail, grabbed a couple costume pearl necklaces, and slipped into a pair of white peep-toe flats. This is what I came up with:

The second outfit is more everyday. Due to my limitations using my digital camera, please forgive me if not everything is especially (or at all) visible. I pulled my hair up in a messy side bun, put on a headband, added a few cheapie grey and black bracelets and a pair of hoop earrings, got into a pair of black leggings, and completely invisible to you, I also wore a pair of black patent leather slingback flats. Here's the result:

Finally, what would such a versatile dress be if it couldn't be dressed up? To get a night-on-the-town look, I pulled a few strands of hair to the side with a couple bobby pins, buckled into a wide sparkly silver belt (that had actually come with the dress), put on a pair of vintage clip on gemstone earrings and a black stone necklace, and added a pair of black patent pumps to complete this look. For your viewing pleasure, I present my last outfit:

 Hope you like these outfits and that I inspire you to play around within your own wardrobe. So often I'll look at Nordstrom's website or pass by a Macy's and practically salivate with desire. As my wallet cannot handle all that I want, sometimes I need to remember to want what I have.

1 comment:

  1. That dress is kind of fabulous - I absolutely adore the way it looks with the wide belt. Tres fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete