Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Dry Spell


Weekend after weekend, it seems the same. I am not out bustin' some moves on the dance floor, I am not having cocktails at a swanky restaurant bar, and I am not making out with a hottie. All in all, I am living the life of someone NOT in their twenties. This is the time in my life that I'm supposed to be out meeting new people and dating around. Why, you may ask? I don't leave my apartment. I curl up on my couch and watch a movie or play around online.

There are so many self-help dating books out there, but you always have to put yourself out there somehow. I'm not there, I'm here on my butt. I really have no clue as to how I am supposed to meet new people, but I know that I am supposed to.

What a wicked thing it is to be a twenty-something with a Jewish mama, who stays at home on the weekends. Any advice? Where should I go? What things should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment