Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dating is hard!

When you feel that "click" with someone, that mutual attraction and butterflies begin to fill your stomach, you think that it's all sunshine and roses, right? Well, sometimes dating doesn't go like that. Sometimes along the journey you take a few wrong turns, get bad directions, and feel a few rocks in your shoe.

The last two guys I went out with were very different. The first guy came on to me pretty hard, and my goodness was he hot! This is not subjective, he was in fact so universally attractive that he was chosen for the local firemens' calendar. Unfortunately, things did not go well with him and his personality never really matched his looks.

Guy #2 was cute and sweet. We went out several times, and it definitely seemed like things were going somewhere. It has now been 4 days since I last heard from him.

So, back to my point: dating is hard! First semester of my sophomore year of college, I was in a difficult, while perhaps a bit enviable position. Two guys wanted to date me. I didn't really care to be in that sort of situation, and I floundered a bit before choosing. In the end, neither were the right one for me.

Dating situations and circumstances change along the way, but all in all I am still single. I go back and forth on what could be so horribly wrong with me that no one wants me. Am I truly unlovable?



I wish that I knew what I've been doing wrong or what I could possibly do differently. But then there is something to be said for the life experiences gained on this bumpy road of dating

Yours with love,

~K

2 comments:

  1. You are not unlovable - boys are just crazy! :P

    But seriously...yes, there are a lot of fish in the sea; but ohmigosh it takes decades to find the right one. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are serial daters. A new breed of men that never get married and will be bachelors until they are in a nursing home. No one is "perfect" for them, always looking for the next best thing to come along. So they can't stop to take in the hottness that is you that they do have when they have already moved on quicker than you can say JERK OFF!

    ReplyDelete